On April 19, 2021, the Federal Government released their 2021 budget. Our article contains highlights of the various financial measures in this budget, divided into three different sections:
• Business Highlights, including an extension to COVID-19 Emergency Business Supports, new programs to support job creation, and a change in interest deductibility limits.
• Individual Highlights, including details on the tax treatment and repayment of personal COVID-19 benefits (such as CERB), eligibility changes to the Disability Tax Credit, an increase in OAS for those 75 and up, and support for job skills retraining.
• Additional Highlights, including a proposed federal minimum wage of $15, changes to the GST New Housing Rebate conditions, and new or increased taxes in areas such as luxury goods, tobacco, and Canadian housing owned by non-resident foreign owners.
Tax season is upon us once again. But since 2020 was a year like no other, the 2021 tax-filing season will also be different. Due to all the changes in both where and how Canadians worked, the Canadian government has introduced some new tax credits and deductions to keep pace with these changes. Our article covers all of the following:
• How to claim home office expenses
• The new Canada Training Credit
• Pandemic emergency funds
• New digital news subscription tax credit
http://coreplan.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Whats-new-for-the-2021-tax-filing-season_.jpg281500CorePlan Financial Inc.http://coreplan.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/dualLogo3.jpgCorePlan Financial Inc.2021-04-02 06:00:002021-04-02 13:12:15What’s new for the 2021 tax-filing season?
While it’s great to have group coverage from your employer or association, in most cases, people don’t understand the that there are important differences when it comes to group life insurance vs. self owned life insurance.
http://coreplan.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/groupLifevsIndividualInsurancefeaturedImage.jpg8101440CorePlan Financial Inc.http://coreplan.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/dualLogo3.jpgCorePlan Financial Inc.2021-03-02 13:04:002021-03-02 21:18:06Group Insurance vs Individual Life Insurance
By providing your email address, you provide us with your express consent to send you commercial electronic messages related to finances and/or investments that may be of interest to you. Should you wish to discontinue receiving emails of this nature, you may contact us at email@example.com to withdraw your consent at any time.