Working with a professional to help you to make sense of your finances can be a wise move, but for this relationship to work effectively it is important that you understand what to expect from your financial advisor.
What can your financial advisor help you with?
- Defining your financial goals and creating a step by step plan or strategy to achieve them.
- Planning for the future, including for retirement, future education or housing needs.
- Choosing the mix of investments and assets that suit your goals, lifestyle, time horizon and appetite for risk.
- Building a solid estate for your family to inherit in the future.
- Choosing the most tax-efficient methods of saving and investing.
What should your financial advisor inform you of?
- The range of services that they offer and how much and by which method you will compensate them.
- Your mutual responsibilities and obligations towards each other.
- What the planning process will look like and the documents that they will provide you with.
What will your financial advisor need from you or need to ask you about?
- What your financial goals are.
- What your personal circumstances – such as your marital status, any dependents, your job, earnings and tax situation.
- Any investments or assets that you currently have – such as registered accounts, workplace pensions, property etc.
- Your appetite for risk and investment preferences.
- Information on your income and also your outgoings, including debts such as mortgages, loans or credit cards.
- Whether or not you have a will, and its contents.
- Your estate and inheritance planning situation.
If you’re looking to achieve your financial goals, talk to us. We can help.
CorePlan Financial Inc. Burnaby Office
CorePlan Financial Inc. Fort St. John Office
2 – 11116 100th Ave.
Fort St. John, BC
Phone: (250) 785-9603
Toll Free: 1 (877) 461-5140
Fax: 1 (888) 453-3277
- TFSA vs RRSP – What you need to know to make the most of them in 2021January 21, 2021 - 2:01 pm
- 2021 Financial CalendarJanuary 4, 2021 - 6:00 am
- Government of Canada to allow up to $400 for home office expensesDecember 29, 2020 - 11:47 am
- Business Owners: 2020 Tax Planning Tips for the End of the YearDecember 11, 2020 - 6:00 am
- Highlights of the 2020 Federal Fall Economic Statement | Additional $20,000 CEBA loan available nowDecember 7, 2020 - 3:42 pm
Subscribe to our newsletter
By providing your email address, you provide us with your express consent to send you commercial electronic messages related to finances and/or investments that may be of interest to you. Should you wish to discontinue receiving emails of this nature, you may contact us at email@example.com to withdraw your consent at any time.